This airport is formally known as Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, and users may identify it with the acronym CGK. It is considered one of the most important airports in Indonesia, hosting flight services to more than 66 million passengers per year.
Where is the airport located?
Located in Indonesia, 20 km (12 miles) to the northwest of Jakarta Center, in 3 different towns, Benda, Tangerang, and Cengkareng. This airport is usually overpassed by its passengers capacity and it is because of its accessible location that users prefer taking its services.
How many terminals does the Airport have?
There are 4 terminals at this airport and each one of them is used for a specific purpose, and are connected through a shuttle bus and a Sky Train.
- Terminal 1: is only used for domestic flights, it is divided into 3 subsections, T1, T2, and T3, each of these sections are handled by one airline only.
- Terminal 2: just like Terminal 1, this is also available for domestic flights and is divided into 3 subsections.
- Terminal 3: is used for international flights.
- Terminal 4: is recently open and started services in 2022, operating for international flights.
What is the distance from the airport to the center of Jakarta?
This airport is only 20 km (12 miles) to the northwest of Jakarta Downtown, and thanks to its center location, the 3 towns in which is located Benda, Tangerang, and Cengkareng allow it easy access and the huge amount of passengers fluency.
Which airline flies to and from Jakarta Airport?
There are more than 40 airlines providing services at this airport, and the leading airlines are Batik Air, Citilink, Garuda Indonesia, Indonesia AirAsia, Lion Air, and Super Air Jet, each one offering an average of 15 to 20 national and international flight destinations.
How to get to Jakarta Airport?
Getting to Jakarta Airport is really simple, especially because there are various transportation options that users can take, like bus, taxi, train, or even hire a rental car, this will mainly depend on the budget and way of traveling they prefer.
- Train: has a price of almost $10 USD and takes about 45 min to get to the airport, its service name is Railink.
- Bus: has departure every 15 min, and could take an average of 60 min to get to the airport, the cost is less than $3 USD.
- Taxi: takes almost the same time as a bus, but it provides more comfort, and because of that it is more expensive as well. Some of the taxi companies users will find are Blue Bird, Silver Bird, Diamond, and others.
How much does a taxi cost to and from Jakarta?
There are several companies that provide taxi services at this airport, therefore prices may differ, the average cost is $12 USD. Users may identify these services at each arrival section of all Terminals.
What car rental companies are available at Jakarta Airport?
Renting a car at Jakarta airport is always a good idea, especially if you are traveling with a big group of people and want to save more money, or if you want to explore Jakarta and its surroundings.
Car rental companies Jakarta airport
Some of the rental car companies you will find at Soekarno-Hatta Jakarta Airport are Avis, TRAC Astra rent a car, and BK Rent Car. The average price we have seen during our investigation is approximately USD $60 per day. These may vary according to season and number of days you rent a car for, so check prices beforehand: